Operations Director -Industrial Service Center
Who you’ll be working for / Our Client
Our client, a global player in the Field of Electro-Mechanical Technology and associated high tech services for an increasingly digital world within the FINTECH& TELCO Industry/ Information Technologies& Services, is looking for its new
|OPERATIONS DIRECTOR RSA -(based in Jobourg -South Africa) |
Full Time Permanent Job - eligibility to work in South Africa
The scope of your responsibilities will be to manage, coordinate and lead a recently set up Manufacturing site (100people) dedicated to technological Services Solutions. You will be reporting to a regional and corporate matrix organization. The Client’s Global operations Headquarter is based in Europe.
The values of our client: Curious, Trusted, Caring, Daring, Together. If this sounds like you, then this is the right opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing / The Role & Main Duties
This position will be working in a fast paced and technologically evolving manufacturing environment with a strong managerial role (drive), running a lot of projects, launching new products and improving productivity and quality, efficiency driving change & people empowerment with a lean approach.
Your role will be to manage and lead the operations which cover:
Maintenance, Fulfilment and Despatch, Warehousing, Purchasing/ Procurement, Planning, Production, Quality & Safety-Security, Technical Development
Reporting to the European Industrial Director and functionally to the regional Business Unit Director serving 2 major Business lines, 1 region,
Your Main Duties are:
• Manage, coordinate and lead this bright new site to avoid any customer conflict and impact working closely with the country sales team. Handling all daily business / issues with agility and reliability. Defining and implementing the optimized new organization to improve operation’s efficiency, capacity and quality. To change the industrial culture for more initiative & reactivity. Getting the best out of teams and equipment to meet customer needs. Managing in a way which drives to cost efficiencies, motivates and engages the workforce to ensure excellent quality, SLAs and customer satisfaction, high attendance levels.
• Deploy and manage Group Policy and Objectives with a focus on Quality, Cost and Delivery which includes Service levels (OTD, SLA) and Productivity (efficiency of automatic and manual processes).
• Develop methodology, standards, systems and technology and enhance global process improvement/troubleshooting plans using best practice methodologies (5S, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing).
• Management of capacity: Coordinate CAPEX requirement in line with Group budget objectives. Screen, analyze resources utilization (technical & human) and consolidate all information for investment justification. Work with the Corporate Operations Support team on volume variation and machine maintenance/ obsolescence. Master the capacity of the site to meet the business requirements.
• Deploy best practices. Monitor the planning and support the implementation of new systems, new equipment and facility upgrades as well as software changes in line with Regional Operations standards. Analyze and contribute to strategic planning, coordinate complex problem resolution and conduct the troubleshooting.
• Participate in the Budget preparation being responsible for the Operations budget and forecast processes (standard cost): Analyze volumes, performance and propose the capacity needed to meet budget numbers. Implement capacity decisions in order to deliver according to the defined planning.
• Provide on time defined reporting on all aspects of the Operations to meet management requirements and in conformance with Group standards (FTE, volume, GM, KPIs) .
• Liaise with all Industrials & Supply chain counterparts within the Corporate Matrix and specially with Regional Industrial Director
• Quality assurance, ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14001, OHSAS-18001 and CQM certification. Handling non compliances. Looking for efficiency improvements.
• Safety and Security compliance, ensuring various scheme certifications. Member of the Security Management Group.
What experience you’ll need
You will have an Engineering background, degree or equivalent experience with a specialization either/and/or in Packaging, Printing, Electromechanical, Industrial Engraving Marking, Automobiles, Pharmaceutical Industry, Food Industry which includes a clear comprehension of Digitalization / Embedded technology solutions
You should be a solid practitioner of best practice methodologies (Lean, 5S, Kaizen, 6 Sigma). At ease with ERP systems/ web tools.
Here are the soft Skills we hope can describe you the best:
Versatile Leadership style. Good communicator. Drive, Ability to lead, influence and persuade. Good analytical mind, great responsiveness and anticipation direction. Ability to engage and build teams and to work with various levels of people. Drive and self-motivation. Customer Oriented.
What will you get in return for your talents? Not just A Salary
Your package will be a Competitive compensation package including variable and market aligned social benefits
Availability ASAP – 01 2018